Search This Blog

Thursday, June 2, 2022

Celebrating 20 Years of n-Somnia

 Greetings, one and all.  Sorry it's been over a month since my last blog post.  I've been rather busy.  With June being the month of celebrating my solo music project, n-Somnia, turning 20 this year, I felt that I should be prepared.

 Well, actually, it was a combination of that and the fact that I've been playing the campaign missions of "Watch_Dogs", "Watch_Dogs: Bad Blood" and "Watch_Dogs 2" one after the other.  Took me about a month all up.

But with all that out of the way, the time has arrived to celebrate n-Somnia turning 20.  To do so, I re-released a compilation that started out in 2011 as a 7-track EP, called "The Early Years".  Now it's a 21-track compilation album, filling in the gap that was a list of tracks that were either remixes or songs that I moved over to my other project, Kingrow, back in 2006.  This 20th Anniversary Edition is a more complete collection of the music I made when n-Somnia started out.

Along side of this compilation album, I also released an EP called "Eliminator".  This, of course, is the track that kicked off the n-Somnia project back in 2002 ("Red Alert" was 1999, but n-Somnia wasn't around for another 3 years after).  With this EP, I take every version of "Eliminator" and put it in one place, including 3 new remixes that were made over the past year or so.  One of which being a remix that was made by an old high school friend of mine, Tim Wood (listen to the Ersatz Remix of the song - it's very good).

To listen to my new celebration releases, you can find them both on n-Somnia's page on Bandcamp.com. 

Regarding the 20th anniversary of my first hit, "Robot Lover From Mars" (November/December), there won't be any remixes made for this song like "Eliminator" has.  As big an event as it was back in 2002, I think doing what I'm doing now is enough for the 20 year mark.  I will, however, acknowledge the fact it became a hit when the time comes, but nothing new will come out of it.  Just a heads up, in case you were wondering.

That's all I need to say at the moment.  Sorry again for the long wait.  I plan on blogging a little more often after this.

Enjoy the music!

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment